Today in this post I will talk about 3 things: Vade mecums, Histograms, and Post Number 70.
To the FIRST SUBJECT, and most interesting, I suppose...
VADE MECUMS
Hm, that is an unfamiliar noun to you, I presume? Well, for an explanation: A Definition-
va⋅de me⋅cum
[vey-dee mee-kuh
m, vah-]–noun, plural va⋅de me⋅cums.
1. something a person carries about for frequent or regular use.
2. a book for ready reference; manual; handbook.
In other words, MY BOOK SITUATION!
So I was reading The Hunchback of Notre-Dame when they decided to start a lengthy debate about how alchemy is correct, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I decided that I do not need that junk in my head or in my heart. I know I probably won't even remember a fig of the conversation, but I don't really care because God don't like no alchemy and I don't either! I was about 1/3 through the book and it was rather boring. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST READING THIS BOOK.
As I mentioned before, I am currently reading I Would Die For You by Brent & Deanna Higgins. It is, as I think I mentioned before, FABULOUS! :
"Our disappointment is his divine appointment." -Walker Moore
And you all should read it! I'm about 1/3 through with that one too.
SECOND SUBJECT: Histograms AND Post Number 70
Yeah, so I decided to combine these two because they are rather boring and I just added them to make this post longer. Although it's probably really long already. Oh well!
Histograms are confusing and this is my 70th post. There ya go! :D
I'm watching an emotional Biggest Loser and American Idol. lol. isn't that funny? and that's why I'm:
signing off
[[zoomzoom]]
flo on the go
2 comments:
good for you for quitting on Hunchback! just because it's a "classic" doesn't mean it's the right stuff to put in your head and heart. :) myself, I've been there, had to make that decision (with other books).
yeah, i had to do that also with "Hero" (in the books not to read list >), but it was a much easier decision... i even emailed the author telling him how disappointed i was and he replied saying something like "oh i don't think you should judge the book that quickly... just read up until this part and then i guess you can judge it..." my older sister read it and it was even worse... anywho, it turns out later that the main dude is a homosexual so ya know... :P ew...
yeah, there's my story :/
Post a Comment