Wooh, I'm on a roll! This is my 2nd DIY, inspired from here :)
What you'll need:
2 feet of pom pom trim
2 feet of chain (thick cable chain looks best, mine was meh)
40-60 jump rings
4 feet of nylon cord (I used parachute cord, which is pretty much the same thing)
2 needle nose pliers
lighter
Start by attaching jump rings to the edge of the pom pom trim using your pliers. (I used my fingers after a while because I'm impatient and it took too long to pry each ring apart with the pliers.) Put the ring through a link in the chain, then through the trim. Alternate chain links and try to figure out the best distance between each ring on the trim. This took me a while, but eventually I settled on 5 little loops on the trim between each jump ring.
This is the longest part of making the necklace. It was a lot longer than I expected, but I forgot to time it... oops! Maybe... 30 minutes?
Ta-da!
Next, thread your cord through the jump rings. On either end of the chain, attach another jump ring through the last link and through the cord to keep it from sliding around. Do this on both ends.
This is the fun part, maybe because I'm a pyromaniac. Use your lighter to seal the end of the cord so it doesn't fray. Don't put the flame right on the cord or else you'll burn it. Just above is good enough to melt the end. There's no clasp, you just tie the ends in a bow :)
(The chain is supposed to lay flat against the pom poms, but it kept moving around so I decided not to care.)
There we go! It's all done :) Thanks to Ashlee for modeling for me...
I haven't worn it yet, but I guess I could just wear it with white, grey... maybe navy, too. The end!



No comments:
Post a Comment