6.4.10

Carrot Cake Recipe

2 c. sugar  
1 1/2 c. Canola (or Wesson) oil
4 eggs
2 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
3 c. raw shredded or grated carrots

~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Beat sugar and oil.
~Add eggs and cream well.
~Sift flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
~Add dry ingredients to first mixture. Blend well.
~Add nuts (optional) and carrots.
~Bake for approximately 45 minutes.

FROSTING
1 (1 lb.) box powdered sugar
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 stick oleo, softened
2 tsp. vanilla

~Beat well.
(Recipe for frosting may be cut in half.)

This is an amazing recipe I made the other day... well, twice. The first time I made it in cake form and it was awesome! It was really moist, but my mom thought it was too sugary. (We didn't use this recipe for frosting, we just used Betty Crocker whipped cream cheese frosting...so I don't know how good this recipe is.) So the second time I made it, I only put in 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and it was less moist. Personally, I liked it better the first time (following the recipe), but that's just me :D Y'all should ALL make it, and tell me what'cha think. Everybody needs a little carrot cake in their life :)
[I got this recipe from an old book called "Recipes", hehe lol, and probably you can't get it anywhere because it's "contributed by friends of Bethany Home in Lancaster, New York". I think we probably got it from my grandma or something...]

Aaaaaaand... I really hope Kate Gosselin gets kicked off DWTS.... let's be honest, she stinks.

haha signing off
[[zoomzoom]]
flo on the go