"The death of author Brian Jacques last weekend will resonate with a generation of young readers for whom fantasy literature didn’t mean wizards and vampires, but rather small talking animals."
[link]
That's me. Those books basically were my life when I was younger... that's sad. I actually met him, too. There's currently 20 official Redwall books out, but I've only read 16 1/2. On his website, it says there was supposed to be another one coming out this year. I wonder if he was done writing it, so it'll still come out. I also read his Castaways of the Flying Dutchman trilogy... those were really good. According to a bunch of sources, he was admitted to the Royal Liverpool Hospital to have emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm. "Despite the efforts to save him, he died from a heart attack on 5 February 2011" [link] I need to go eat lunch...
No comments:
Post a Comment