" 'Now, I return to this young fellow. And the communication I have got to make is, that he has great expectations.'
Joe and I gasped, and looked at one another.
'I am instructed to communicate to him,' said Mr Jaggers, throwing his finger at me sideways, 'that he will come into a handsome property. Further, that it is the desire of the present possessor of that property, that he be immediately removed from his present sphere of life and from this place, and be brought up as a gentleman - in a word, as a young fellow of great expectations.' "
-Great Expectations by Charles DickensSo I said before how I took the entrance exam for a school I want to go to, and my scores (that I said previously, but will repeat:) were 91% in Verbal, 88% in Math, and 82% in Reading. Because those were in the higher end of the spectrum, I've been invited back to take the test for the all 4-year scholarship, called the Headmasters' Scholarship. My oldest sister got it, my second oldest sister got runner-up, soo ya know, NO PRESSURE! lol... yeah, but my Math and Reading scores were higher than the sister who got it, sooo... ;P Yeah. :D I'm taking it this Saturday, so if y'all could pray for me, that would be splendid! I'm not really nervous, amazingly I'm kind of excited!!
And here's the last subject (why do I always have 3?!)-- Every week at Photography class we're supposed to bring in our favorite picture from someone online, in a magazine, etc. So this is mine for this week:
I'm going to ask that we don't have critique on our favorites, just say what we like about them... because (most of them) are professionals, so they know what they're doing, and most of the time if there's something there that you spot that's "wrong", then it's either supposed to be there, or they couldn't possibly get rid of it. (Beka, I liked alot of Sara Rhoads pictures, but there was no way I could get them to bring them in to class/email them, etc. I know you're all crushed up inside ;P lol you probably won't even see this... yeah. well I'm saying thank you for the suggestion and she's a fantastic photographer!! :D)
Alrighty, then! that took me like 6 HOURS to write lol ... :P that's because I stopped to have dinner. yeah, ok, BYE!!!
signing off
[[zoomzoom]]
flo on the go
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment